And we’re back with more random meals! My goal is trying to find the right balance of incorporating more vegan/plant-based components to my meal plans. It’s not perfect, but I know I’m doing something right because I don’t feel super full or miserable after eating, which I have done after cooking and eating my own dishes before.
- Green Goddess Dip
- I’ve tried making this before, and I don’t remember it going well – on my part – so I tried it again! This time, it was a success! Except maybe it was too much liquid, but it still tasted good with chips, the toast, AND the avocado turkey melt as a spread!
- Green Goddess Toast
- Avocado Turkey Melt
- Okay, I was OBSESSED with this sandwich and made it a few times. In between the slices are mashed avocado, spread of green goddess pesto sauce, tomatoes, spinach leaves, and pepper jack cheese melted onto deli turkey meat. Real talk, I had never tasted a sandwich that had so much taste bud harmony before. The only thing I will do differently in the future is buying bigger bread so there’s more surface area – this sandwich was a mess to eat but totally worth it.
- Half Chipotle Chicken Bowl
- This was supposed to be a regular veggie burrito bowl from the #GlowupSessions challenge, but I learned that red bell peppers don’t last long in the fridge 😦 so I had to think quick and make something impromptu. Chipotle-marinated chicken it was!
- Korean BBQ Beef Brisket
- Kimchi and Spicy Pork Ramen
What’s coming up next for my meal plans? I’m challenging myself to eat kimchi with every dinner dish. There are rumors that eating kimchi every day can “help lose weight,” so I’m curious if that’s true and if I see any difference. Trust me – I know I don’t need to lose weight, but I’d like to test it out! To be honest, I don’t think it’ll make a huge impact on me because it’s supposedly eating mainly white rice with kimchi only, but I’m a foodie so I’m making full-on plates with kimchi.
3 thoughts on “Weekly Meals – 1/30 – 2/8/22”