To be perfectly honest, I’m struggling to share new food photos with y’all! I’m a creature of habit, and when I like something, I stick with it. Essentially I’m eating repeated meals, which are no fun to share over and over again. But here are six more!
- Homemade Chipotle Chicken Bowl
- This was very delicious, but oh my goodness it is A LOT of work. It’s mostly prepping all the sides and toppings on top of the marinating and cooking the protein. My favorite part of the dish, though, was making vegan sour cream (which I think consisted of mixing coconut yogurt, lemon juice and tapioca flour).
- Crispy Tofu and Brown Rice
- Salmon Crisp Chips
- The salmon is supposed to be sushi-grade fresh salmon, however, I have not been able to make it to the Asian market. What I did instead was cook regular salmon fillet to medium rare!
- Shrimp Spring Rolls
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Fried shrimp is SO delicious, and I will never turn it down. This dish was also yummy, however, it’d probably be better cooking it the way it’s instructed in the recipe – with an air fryer. I fried the shrimp in vegetable oil, so it’s not the best healthy way to do it.
- 8g Carb (Egg White Crust) Pizza
- I wanted to like this recipe more than I did, but it’s honestly probably chef maker error because I didn’t cook the crust correctly. Trying to multitask by letting it sit on heat while I wash dishes was my mistake. The eggs got too fluffy versus thin and crispy for thin crust pizza. I’m down to try it again because of its appeal of being low carb!
Aside from these dishes, I’ve tried to bring even more plant-based and low-carb recipes onto my plate. That’s always been a focus for my diet regimen, but after all the doctors, surgeries and procedures in the last couple of years, I’ve stepped this up a notch to take care of my body even more. It’s no fun to hear bad news at all your medical appointments LOL
What are some plant-based and low-carb gems you enjoy? I’m slowly discovering there’s more and more in the food world than I ever knew!