This week has been INSANE. There is so much going on, and I’m starting to struggle to keep up. I… may or may not have had a few cheat meals this week and skipped some workout days…
But anyway, here are the tasty meals I enjoyed, made by me, friends and family:
- Kimchi soondubu jjigae
- What I learned: generic grocery store brand kimchi is not as effective or flavorful as authentic kimchi from Asian grocers.
- Agedashi tofu
- What I learned: READ the recipe and don’t mix up your frying oil LOL
- Gumbo | Canteen & Cocktails virtual cooking class
- What I learned / note for virtual chefs: A word of advice if you are teaching a class: please consider your audience. Sure, there might be cooks among the class, but there might also be those who don’t cook often. Not pictured are baked oysters, because I threw them out. They really out here telling me to take good, ample care of fresh oysters prior to cooking them AND THEN cook them right? That’s a lot of responsibility.
- Fancy ramen | made by a friend
- Korean BBQ feast with family
It just dawned on me that the theme for this week’s dishes was TRYING NEW RECIPES! Aside from the not-pictured cheat meals I treated myself to, every day I was cooking food I hadn’t tried before, aka the jjigae, tofu and gumbo. These are much more involved recipes – not fit for just one solo person – so I probably won’t have them in my regular meal planning rotation, unless I know I’m cooking for people 🙂
What new recipes are you dying to try? Share them in the comments!