The past few weeks have been incredibly rough, battling depression and tough times. My appetite and motivation to eat fluctuate and go to extremes of not eating to overeating and binging — there is no in between.
It takes one day at a time, and this week, I was able to successfully do the following:
- work out every day
- cook meals every night, avoiding spending money on fast food
- make dinners without red meat (except my two slices of ham every morning with my avocado toast)
Hopefully this week’s wins are the start of good, positive habits. Anyway, here are the things I cooked this week, and yes, I am now horrid TikTok trash and got most of these recipes from videos – minus the salmon, avocado, rice, which I’ve already started making on my own.
- Vietnamese spring rolls
- Crispy tofu
- Snack item: vegan chocolate ice cream with fresh sliced strawberries
- Salmon, avocado, rice
- Rice paper tofu dumplings
- What I learned: I made these once with two wrappings, like the recipe said, but tried to do it with one wrapping this time. The paper breaks on the pan, so do wrap it twice!
- Impromptu lunch: Egg-Kewpie mayo ramen
- Treat for myself: sushi dinner from Ginza in Galleria
That all said, I noticed I coincidentally planned these meals without meat, and then next week is all meat… I don’t know what that means but it’s a little funny.
So, what recipes are y’all trying out? What dishes did TikTok make you do? 🙂