Ahhhh, I’m behind on my weekly meal posts… I had to deal with prepping for a medical procedure last week, so I failed to carve out time to write this. But here are the meals from the week of Halloween – still continuing down the path of increased fiber intake. Here’s what I made and ate! And now I’m including recipe links in case y’all wanna try anything here (:
- Chicken, broccoli and brown rice with Green Goddess sauce
- I’ve had Green Goddess sauce once at my sister’s house, and it was DELICIOUS. However, when I tried making it, I made some substitutions that I probably shouldn’t do ‘cause it changes and tastes more like a pesto sauce. Next time!
- Chicken burrito wraps
- Green Goddess grilled cheese
- Oh my goodness… who knew a sandwich could be so rich with flavor. This was relatively easy to make, but I didn’t use a brioche bread, like the recipe said to use. My grocery list is made with the idea of using all the items in overlapping recipes versus one-time use and wasting food. I don’t know if I would make this again only because I don’t think I made it well enough. This is something I would entrust a restaurant chef to make more decadently.
- Baked chicken with kale caesar salad (made by my mom)
- So, this is a recipe I can’t share ‘cause I’ve never made it myself, but my mom makes this so well. Everything is in synergy and tastes amazing. She used to make the Caesar salad with romaine lettuce, but one random day she tried it with kale and now it’s what I request all the time. YUM!
I’m pretty proud of myself that I made healthier meals than I usually do and embraced brown rice instead of white jasmine rice. It’s definitely an adjustment, but at the end of the day it is better for me.
What are y’all eating?! Give me more ideas!